Costumr Design & FashionOctober 13, 2022 2022-11-17 11:35
Costumr Design & Fashion
COSTUME DESIGN & FASHION
Overview of Department
The Department of Costume Design and Fashion has come into existence in the year of 2010. Costume design is the fabrication of apparel for the overall appearance of character or performer. This is commonly involves creating, designing and building the actual items from conception. Fashion which is general term for a currently popular style or practice especially in clothing, foot wear or accessories fashion reference to anything that current trend in look and dress up of a person. B. Sc in Costume Design and Fashion is generally three academic year’s course. This course employments area like Export Houses, Garment Manufacturing Unit, Garment Store Chain, Textile Mills. The department of Costume Design and Fashion offers creativity and innovative entry of new fashion our department is incredible, and offers Accounts as allied subject and also offers the elective papers. The Department consists of specific talented and innovated intellect staff members. Our goal is to make beneficent designers.
TEACHING METHODS ADOPTED BY THE FACULTY OF DIFFRENT PROGRAM
The main idea of the programme is to develop general knowledge through core managerial subjects as follows.
PO1: To understand design concept to develop them exceptionally good
PO2: Analyze and applied knowledge of various process in textile ,design & Fashion
PO3: To develop and apply critical thinking skills within the context of professional in apparel industry
PO4: To apply Knowledge on advance information technology and develop to communicate effectively
PO5:TO entrepreneur skill management and team building
Uniqueness of the department
- Department was started at 2010 as Bachelor Costume Design and fashion
- More practical less theory
- The department conducted many inter department, inter collegiate programs to motivate students for future development.
- Our department conducted Guest lecture, National level seminar and International Conference to provide a paper exposure to student community.
- Act as a Board of studies Member in Rathinam college of arts and science
- Act as a Question paper setter in Hindustan arts and science college &kongunadu arts and science college