Department Of Commerce PA
The B.Com (PA) Course was introduced from the academic year 2015-2016.
Well-qualified experienced faculty, a team with high sense of dedication and sincerity led by a Principal whose forte is strong blend of high academic credentials and substantial managerial experience.
Dynamic environment helps every student develop critical and creative powers thereby enabling the fullest possible intellectual and personal growth.
B.Com (PA) - Stands for Bachelor of Commerce with professional Accounting B.Com(PA) is a three year course, minimum eligibility for which is an intermediate (10+2) with subjects such as accounts, maths and economics. Commerce consists of a broad range of interdisciplinary branches such as Marketing, Finance, C++, Visual Basic, HTML, and Web Designing E-Commerce, Accountancy, Business Administration and Economics. Subjects typically studied under this degree are Accounts, Economics, Business Law and Maths etc.
The Department of Commerce PA lays the foundation for future executives and entrepreneurs. Besides imparting knowledge on Accounts, Management and allied subjects, the School offers training on documentation procedures of Sales Tax, Income Tax and Statutory Audit. The Department also offers specialized career-oriented courses that include International Business Management, Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Professional Leadership. The value-added papers include Entrepreneurship, Executive Communication, Insurance and Banking Principles. Emphasizing the need for practical exposure, the Department of Commerce offers vocational training to the students.
To develop the knowledge, communication skills, leadership qualities and positive attitude of the students, we conducted many seminars, guest lectures and workshops. For such programs we invite role models from different fields and resource persons from various Institutions and Universities.
To be a Supreme Centre of Academic Excellence, ensuring that learners from all sections of society get equal access to a world class education.
Department activities for the Academic year 2016 - 2017
- The Association of our department was inaugurated by Dr.J.Kannan & Dr.P.Munusamy, Assistant Professor on 05th July 2016.
- A Seminar on “Tally for Beginners” for UG students on 20th July 2016 by Mr.Andrew Michael, Tally Trainer in BD-Software Training Division, Coimbatore.
- The department was arranged for an industrial visit and educational tour for final year UG and PG students to Trivandrum & Kanyakumari on 21st July to 23rd July 2016.
- The department was arranged for a visit to Book Festival 2016 of our students at Erode on 08.08.2016.
- Our department students organized an “Independence Day Celebration” on 12th August 2016.
- A Seminar on “SEBI” for UG students on 12th August 2016 by Dr.P.Karthika, SEBI Financial Education Trainer, Coimbatore.
- The department was arranged for a field visit for our students to Tex Valley, Gangapuram on 17th August 2016.
- Our department students organized a “Teacher’s day celebration” on 6th Sep’2016.
- The department was conducted Seminar on “Career Guidance” for UG students on 6th Sep’2016 by Dr.S.Vijayakumar.
- An Workshop on Taxation was conducted for our students on 27th Sep’ 2016 headed by Mr.K.S.Vijayan,CMA.M.Sathyamoorthy, Joint Secretary , ICMA Erode Chamber.
Department activities for the Academic year 2017 - 2018
- The department was arranged for an Industrial visit for first year students to SCM Garments, Avinashi on 8th June 2017.
- The Association of our department was inaugurated by CA.R.Thiyagu ACA, Charted Accountant, Thiyagu Umamaheswari & Co., Tirupur on 05th July 2017.
- The department was arranged for a visit to Book Festival 2017 of our students at Erode on 11.08.2017.
- An Orientation Programme was conducted for first year students on 24th Aug’ 2017 headed by Mr.CA.C.Anish B.Com.,ACA, Charted Accountant, Coimbatore.
- The department was arranged for a Tour for II and III year students to Coorg, Mysore & Bangalore on 30.08.2017 to 01.09.2017.
- Our department students organized a “Teacher’s day celebration” on 5th Sep’2017.
A Guest Lecture Programme on “Income Tax Law & Practice” for Final Year UG students on 27th Sep’2017 by Mr. CA.S.Balamurgan, SBMP & Associates, Charted Accountants Firm, Erode. It was a joy whelming day for first year PG students with “Fresher’s day” on 27th Sep’ 2017.
- The department was celebrating the “Saraswathy pooja” on 28th September.
The following are the achievements of Commerce PA students:
22 students have participated in State Level Conference on GST in India conducted by Tiruppur Kumaram College for Women, Tiruppur and 2 students have participated International Symposium on Relationship Management: Prosperty & Issues conducted by Department of Management Studies, Nandha Arts & Science College, Erode. One of our student Mr.Ajith III B.Com(PA) participating mini marathon conducted by rotary club of perundurai and won the medal.
The achievements of the faculty members of Commerce PA
Dr.C.Yuvasubramaniyan had published a paper in a peer reviewed reputed Journal with high impact factor – International Journal of Engineering and Management Research. Apart from that he participated an International Symposium on Relationship Management: Prosperty & Issues conducted by Department of Management Studies, Nandha Arts & Science College, Erode.
Mr.C.Sasikumar has participated in 5 days FDP on “Finance and Accounting” conducted by Infosys from 5th June to 9th June 2017.
Mr. C.Tamizhanban and Mrs.M.Nalini have participated in an International Symposium on Relationship Management:Prosperty & Issues conducted by Department of Management Studies, Nandha Arts & Science College, Erode.
- B.A (English)
- BBA (CA)
- B.Com (CA)
- B.Com (PA)
- B.Sc (CS)
- B.Sc (IT)
- B.Sc (Maths)
- B.Sc (Physics)
- B.sc (CDF)
- B.Sc (Visual communication)
- M.A (English)
- M.Com (CA)
- M.Sc (CS)
- M.Sc (Maths)
M.Phil & Ph.D
- Computer Science